2010-10-12

The Talk

“Quei-yun! “ Mom called me, “We need to talk.” I walked slowly and unwillingly out of my room. I started to have butterflies in my stomach; my heart was beating fast as it was coming out of my chest. My hands were sweating as I walked out of my room.
 The first thought that ran into my head was, “did she find out that I cheated on the test?”
“NO. She couldn’t have. Even the teacher didn’t notice.”
“It’s possible! You haven’t got such good grades for a long time!”
“That doesn’t explain a thing.”
“Yes, it does. No one can improve in so short of time.”
The angel and the devil in my mind were tearing my head apart.
“The test was three days ago, she wouldn’t have waited so long to reveal your lie.”
The devil stated.
“Hey! “The angel shouted, “You shouldn’t have even done that in the first place.”
“What’s done is done; and everyone cheats once or twice in their lifetime! Tell me someone who hasn’t before!” the devil sneered.
“GUYS! “ I yelled out loud. My eyes were bulging and my whole body was sweating. I was on the edge of emotional breakdown. I had to hold my head to prevent it from exploding.
My mom was startled, “Why are you yelling?” That pulled me back to reality. I noticed I was in the middle of the living room, with my whole family gazing at me with an unnerving silence. I managed to squeeze out a tiny smile.
“I want to talk to you about your allowance.”My mom eventually said.
I was a bit relieved; I stretched out my neck and ask impatiently “What about it?”
“I think you’re wasting too much money lately. So…I’m thinking of decreasing your allowance.”


I don’t know which is worse: finding out I cheated or decreasing my allowance.

No comments:

Post a Comment