2010-09-23

The Adventure That Surprised Me

“WAKE UP!”I heard my mom yell. I looked out the window and couldn’t see a thing; it was 5 a.m. in the morning!
Mom told us we were going to Whistler- one of the most famous resort towns in the world during summer. I was so excited; I volunteered to help my mom with the the GPS. The reason I love when my mom drives on the Sea-to-Sky highway is that you can see the beautiful sea and the sunny and the clear sky.

It was almost noon, when we got to whistler. The lunch we had on the car saved us from wasting time. We heard the market in the upper village was a-must-go-place, so we decided to go to the market. On our way to the upper village, we saw a bear! I was so excited; I held my mom’s hand too tight it hurt her. The black bear was crossing the road like there was no human been around, it walk slowly and unhurried. I wanted to take pictures of it, but I didn’t want to frighten the bear so I gave up.

I was excited when I saw there was horse riding available. Although the fee was quite expensive, Mom thought it is great that I want to try new things out, so she rode with me. We hopped on a horse and waited for our coach to teach us how to control the horse. When our one-hour-trail-ride was over, my bum hurt a lot, and my legs were so sore, I couldn’t walk properly. The adventure was full of surprises and “first times”. It is a trip I’ll never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment